PICKUP/DROP OFF LOCATIONS
• Pick up: Hotel in Rome - Bed and Breakfast or any accommodation- Civitavecchia port ( in case of post cruise tour)
• Drop off:Hotel in Rome - Bed and Breakfast or any accommodation- civitavecchia port ( in case of pre-cruise tour)
TOUR EXCURSION LENGTH: Pickup at 9:00 am at the hotel; drop off at 4:00 pm at the hotel ( time can be flexible )
- Narration by a professional driver/guide
- Roman Coliseum
- Roman Forum
- Trevi Fountain
- The Pantheon
- St. Mary Major Basilica
- Sant'Angelo Castle
- The Spanish Steps
- Piazza Navona
- St. Peter's Square
- St. Peter's Basilical
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
This tour includes a Professional English-speaking driver that gives commentaries of the sites seen. Due to strict Italian laws & regulations that protect officially licensed guides, our drivers can only comment and explain the sights from inside the vehicle, and are not allowed to do so once they are outside the vehicle. A Professional licensed guide, where needed, can be hired on request at an extra cost.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Entrance fee to the see the Roman Coliseum 14 Euros per person
- Food, Beverages
- Gratuities 15 % to 20 % (optional)
With this tour you can enjoy an overview of the best sites that Rome can offer in one day.
Our English speaking driving-guide will pick you up near the gangway of your ship and drive you downtown Rome.
Your Tour will start at Venice Plaza where Victor Emanuel Monument (the Vittoriano) is located, also called the Wedding Cake by Americans.Will continue on to the Roman Forum, the Colosseum, the Arch of Costantine, the Circus Maximus, Capitol Hill, the Palatine Hill and the Ancient Roman Baths of Caracalla maybe will be no traffic also catacombs.
After all this we will return towards the center of Rome we'll stop for a visit inside the Pantheon,we'll walk through Piazza Navona, the Spanish Steps, St. Peter's Basilica and the Trevi Fountainand don't forget to throw a few coins in the Trevi Fountain!
During this tour, if you like, we can stop for a traditional Italian lunch (not included) at one of the many nice restaurants and maybe do some shopping.
Completed 80 A.D., the circus was home to centuries of gladiatorial combats and featured 76 numbered entrances, marble seats and subterranean passages, where animals and apparatus were kept. The arena floor could be flooded to host naval combats.
The ruins of the forum stand in mute testimony to what Byron described as the "grandeur that was Rome".
The heart of Rome's old Bohemian Quarter (Keats and Shelley lived nearby), the steps take their name from the 16th century Spanish Embassy to the Holy Sea. Today the area surrounding Piazza Espagna is the city's chic shopping district.
ST. PETER'S BASILICA
By far the largest church in the world, St. Peter's Basilica took more than 100 years to build. Some of the greatest figures of the Renaissance were employed in its creation, from Bramante and Bernini to Michelangelo and Raphael.
Blue-green water cascades over the Baroque figures of Rome's most famous fountain. Follow custom and toss a coin into the fountain, a gesture that insures your return to the Eternal City.
- Please dress respectfully for visiting religious monuments; local custom requires covering knees and shoulder
- The proposed itineraries are only examples of possible tours. For different pick up / drop off locations or customized itineraries we invite our clients to contact one of our tour coordinators to help them design their own tour
- Often are drivers do not have a POS on board. You can use your credit card(s) at easily found ATM machines to withdraw cash. Your driver can show you where to find one. You get the cash just when you need it. The exchange rate is very convenient and it is the same rate applied when you purchase something with your Credit Card
- No charge will be applied for cancellations made up to 7 days prior to the service date
- Cancellations made 7 days prior to the service date: 50% chargé
- Cancellations made 48 hours prior to the service date: 75% chargé
- Cancellations made 24 hours of less or no show: 100% chargé
Quality comes with a price beware of low cost tours !!!