Original day Tour: Siena & Montalcino with wine tasting
PICKUP/DROP OFF LOCATIONS
- Pick up: Rome hotels - accommodation -Rome Bed and Breakfast
- Drop off:Rome hotels - accommodation -Rome Bed and Breakfast
EXCURSION LENGTH: Pickup at 7:00 am at hotel; drop off at 7:00 pm to the hotel
- Narration by a professional driver/guide
- Duomo of San Domenico
- Piazza del Campo
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
This tour includes a Professional English-speaking driver that gives commentaries of the sites seen. Due to strict Italian laws & regulations that protect officially licensed guides, our drivers can only comment and explain the sights from inside the vehicle, and are not allowed to do so once they are outside the vehicle.
A Professional licensed guide, where needed, can be hired on request at an extra cost.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Entrance fee to museum eventually
- Food, Beverages
- Gratuities 10 % to 20 (optional)
This private day trip from Rome to Tuscany combines two of Tuscany's most charming places with a tasting of some of the fine wines of the region: Chianti, Brunello and Nobile di Montepulciano to name but a few you may sample on this day trip.
Your private tour of Siena and Montalcino begins with a lovely Siena. Built on three hills in the middle of the Via Francigena (pilgrimage road), Siena is one of Tuscany's crown jewels. It has an outstanding Gothic Duomo and another important church, San Domenico, which claims the skull of St. Caterine. It also has one of the most beautiful squares in Italy, il Campo, where the famous Palio horse race is held twice a year.
Your personal driver will drivingtours Siena city passing trough narrow street , it and will give you an overview of Siena's most important neighborhoods, squares and churches, before giving you some time to explore them on your own.
You may want to skip the sightseeing and head straight for the shops -- Siena has many acclaimed specialty stores around the main square its main street, Via Banchi di Sopra. Local delicacies include Panforte, a cake with dried fruits and sugar; Sapori, marzipan almond pastries; and Pici, a typical pasta from the area.
In the afternoon you will have a picturesque drive through Southern Tuscany to reach Montalcino. This town is world famous as the birthplace of one of the finest wines of Italy, the Brunello. You will start your tour of Montalcino at one of the many fabulous but lesser-visited wineries here; Fanti, Croce di Mezzo, Casato Prime Donne and Casanova dei Neri are among the wineries favored by our expert guide. You will have a guided tour of the wine cellars followed by wine tasting of Brunello di Montalcino and other fine wine.
Your custom private tour of Montalcino will continue to the town center, where you will visit the 14th century fortress, the cathedral and the old Etruscan hilltop streets dominating the valley for miles around. You can pick up a few bottles of fabulous red on your stroll through Montalcino before the trip back to Florence or Rome
DEPARTURE POINT: Rome hotel from any accomodation Bed&Brekfast ,hotel in rome or villas in Rome , It can be from any Villas in Florence, Siena, Cortona or anywhere in Rome and Tuscany
- The proposed itineraries are only examples of possible tours. For different pick up / drop off locations or customized itineraries we invite our clients to contact one of our tour coordinators to help them design their own tour
- Often are drivers do not have a POS on board. You can use your credit card(s) at easily found ATM machines to withdraw cash. Your driver can show you where to find one. You get the cash just when you need it. The exchange rate is very convenient and it is the same rate applied when you purchase something with your Credit Card
- No charge will be applied for cancellations made up to 7 days prior to the service date
- Cancellations made 7 days prior to the service date: 50% chargé
- Cancellations made 48 hours prior to the service date: 75% chargé
- Cancellations made 24 hours of less or no show: 100% chargé
Quality comes with a price beware of low cost tours !!!