Relaxing Journey to Tivoli Gardens out of City
PICKUP/DROP OFF LOCATIONS
• Pick up: Hotel in Rome - Bed and Breakfast or any accommodation- Civitavecchia port (pre-post cruise tour)
• Drop off:Hotel in Rome - Bed and Breakfast or any accommodation- civitavecchia port (pre-postcruise tour)
TOUR EXCURSION LENGTH: Pickup at 9:00 am at the hotel; drop off at 4:00 pm at the hotel ( time can be flexible )
- Narration by a professional driver/guide
- Villa d'Este
- Hadrian's Villa
- Roman Catacombs
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
This tour includes a Professional English-speaking driver that gives commentaries of the sites seen. Due to strict Italian laws & regulations that protect officially licensed guides, our drivers can only comment and explain the sights from inside the vehicle, and are not allowed to do so once they are outside the vehicle. A Professional licensed guide, where needed, can be hired on request at an extra cost.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Entrance fee to the see to museums ruins and gardens
- Entrance fee to catacombs
- Food, Beverages
- Gratuities 15 % to 20 %( optional)
This is a tour designed for those that have already visited Rome once or more times and would like to do something different for a change
This tour has been designed for guests who have already seen the Major highlights and attractions of Rome and are looking to have a wonderful countryside excursion.
Our driver guide will be waiting for you between 7.30/8.00 AM at the gangway of your ship (with a sign) to drive you through the Roman countryside to visit the famous Catacombs (with a Catacomb guide) and the Ancient Appian Way.
After these visits we will drive another 30 minutes to the town of Tivoli to visit Hadrian's Villa. Driving through beautiful surrounding valleys you will arrive at Tivoli, which was a favourite resort for Roman travellers. Hadrian's Villa was the largest and contained the most luxurious palaces in the Roman Empire. The Emperor Hadrian himself ordered and supervised the building of his villa.
VISIT VILLA D'ESTE
Then we're off to Villa d'Este that boasts one of the finest Baroque gardens in all Italy. A trip to Tivoli is a journey into the Baroque era (1560-1750). Beautiful gardens and hundreds of gurgling fountains that are the primary attractions of this stupendous summer villa built in 1550 for Cardinal Ippolito D'Este, son of the infamous Lucrezia Borgia.
A magical villa where five hundred fountains keep tons of flowing water running continuously. The courtyard which now corresponds to the present entrance of the villa, was the cloister of a Benedictine convent that was incorporated in the monumental building of the villa.
In the afternoon you will be driven back to your ship.
- Please dress respectfully for visiting religious monuments; local custom requires covering knees and shoulder
- The proposed itineraries are only examples of possible tours. For different pick up / drop off locations or customized itineraries we invite our clients to contact one of our tour coordinators to help them design their own tour
- Often are drivers do not have a POS on board. You can use your credit card(s) at easily found ATM machines to withdraw cash. Your driver can show you where to find one. You get the cash just when you need it. The exchange rate is very convenient and it is the same rate applied when you purchase something with your Credit Card
- No charge will be applied for cancellations made up to 7 days prior to the service date
- Cancellations made 7 days prior to the service date: 50% chargé
- Cancellations made 48 hours prior to the service date: 75% chargé
- Cancellations made 24 hours of less or no show: 100% chargé
Quality comes with a price beware of low cost tours !!!