Montepulciano and Cortona day trip
Written by admin,
Sunday, November 30, 2014 9:24:23 PM
PICKUP/DROP OFF LOCATIONS
- Pick up: Hotel in Florence-Fiesole -Pisa-Lucca-Cortona
- Drop off: Hotel in Florence or different area
EXCURSION LENGTH Pickup at 9:00 am at the ship ; drop off at 5:00 pm at hotel
- Hilltown of Montepulciano
- famous wine estates
- views of Orcia Valley (Val d'Orcia) one of the Unesco world heritage site of Tuscany
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- This tour includes a Professional English-speaking driver that gives commentaries of the sites seen. Due to strict Italian laws & regulations that protect officially licensed guides, our drivers can only comment and explain the sights from inside the vehicle, and are not allowed to do so once they are outside the vehicle.A Professional licensed guide, where needed, can be hired on request at an extra cost.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Lunch ( approx) price range from 15 Euros to 25 Euros
- Wine Tasting ( approx) price range from 15 Euros to 20 Euros
- Admissions, ( if required - unless otherwise specified )
- Food and Beverages
- Gratuities 15 % to 20 %(optional)
Leave Florence around 9 am and drive through the southern part of Tuscany, to arrive at the beautiful hilltop town of Cortona, famous for Etruscan history, and more recently for the film "UNDER THE TUSCAN SUN". We will take you to see the famous Etruscan walls surrounding the city, dating back to the 4 th century BC! From the top of the town, enjoy views as fare away as the Lake Trasimeno in Umbria, and the fields of sunflowers, vines and olive groves that make this part of Tuscany so special. Have some free time in Cortona to shop and visit the duomo and the Etruscan museum, the "accademia Etrusca ". The drive from Cortona to Montepulciano is spectacular, through the famous vines of the "Vino Nobile di Montepulciano ", one of the ancient wines of Tuscany. Montepulciano is unique in Tuscany, where you can visit the wine cellars in the town, where they still continue to age the wine in the Etruscan caves and buildings from yesteryear. After some wine tasting, and possibly lunch, we recommend taking some time to walk through the medieval streets, the main "Corso Italia", down to meet us at the porta Prato at the bottom of the town. Then it's time to head back to Florence, travelling time around 2 hrs"
- We suggest what to see, but you decide. We can plan and customize together all the different opportunities and itineraries. Our tours are flexible and completely focused on your needs and desires.
- Often are drivers do not have a POS on board. You can use your credit card(s) at easily found ATM machines to withdraw cash. Your driver can show you where to find one. You get the cash just when you need it. The exchange rate is very convenient and it is the same rate applied when you purchase something with your Credit Card
- No charge will be applied for cancellations made up to 7 days prior to the service date
- Cancellations made 7 days prior to the service date: 50% chargé
- Cancellations made 48 hours prior to the service date: 75% chargé
- Cancellations made 24 hours of less or no show: 100% chargé
Quality comes with a price beware of low cost tours !!
Last updated Tuesday, January 13, 2015 1:27:31 PM
SHORE EXCURSIONS: Best of Florence & Pisa PICKUP/DROP OFF LOCATIONS • Pick up: Livorno port - cruise ship dock at the main terminal • Drop off:Livorno port - cruise ship dock at the main terminal SHORE EXCURSION LENGTH Pickup at 8:00 am at the ship; drop off at 5:00 pm at the ship HIGHLIGHTS Narration...
BEST OF ROME WITH 2 HOURS VATICAN MUSEUM PICKUP/DROP OFF LOCATIONS • Pick up: Civitavecchia port - cruise ship dock at the main terminal • Drop off: Civitavecchia port - cruise ship dock at the main terminal SHORE EXCURSION LENGTH Pickup at 8:00 am at the ship; drop off at 5:00 pm at the ship HIGHLIGHTS...
SHORE EXCURSION POMPEII & AMALFICOAST PICKUP/DROP OFF LOCATIONS • Pick up: Naples port -Sorrento pier- Salerno port cruise ship dock at the main terminal • Drop off: Naples port- Sorrento pier- Salerno port cruise ship dock at the main terminal SHORE EXCURSION LENGTH Pickup at 8:00 am at the ship; drop...