PISA & LUCCA day trip
PICKUP/DROP OFF LOCATIONS
• Pick up: Hotel in Florence or Villa in Tuscany area
• Drop off: Hotel in Florence or Villa in Tuscany area - in transfer case Bologna Padova Verona or Venice
EXCURSION LENGTH Pickup at 9:00 am at the ship; drop off at 5:00 pm at the hotek or villa or any accomodation
- Narration by a professional driver/guide
- Campo dei Miracoli
- Pisa 's cathedral
- Leaning tower
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- This tour includes a Professional English-speaking driver that gives commentaries of the sites seen. Due to strict Italian laws & regulations that protect officially licensed guides, our drivers can only comment and explain the sights from inside the vehicle, and are not allowed to do so once they are outside the vehicle. A Professional licensed guide, where needed, can be hired on request at an extra cost.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Food, Beverages
- Gratuities 15 % to 20 %(optional)
Enjoy a private, guided day excursion to Lucca and Pisa which includes an opportunity, do wine tasting with lunch. You will have an escorted private driver tour of Lucca, one of Tuscany's most graceful and elegant cities, and Pisa, home to the famous "leaning tower," with an English-speaking driver guide.
First stop on your day excursion is Pisa in Tuscany. Your driver guide will take you to the historic town of Pisa, a Roman colony from the 2nd century B.C. A naval and commercial port, Pisa became a maritime republic in the middle Ages, rivaling Genova, Amalfi and Venice. Its peak came in the 12th and 13th centuries, by which time Pisa controlled Corsica, Sardinia, and most of the mainland coast as far south as Civitavecchia Dock Most of the city's finest buildings date from this period, when the distinctive Pisan-Romanesque architectural style flourished. Since the 15th century, the city was governed by Florence, whose Medici rulers re-established the University of Pisa, where Galileo, Pisa's most famous native, once taught.
Your custom trip to Pisa will also take you to Campo dei Miracoli, a large, grassy piazza containing Pisa's cathedral, the baptistery, the cemetery and Pisa's most famous landmark, the leaning tower. You will wander around this beautiful square and enjoy the amazing architecture.
Also included in this tour of Tuscany to Pisa and Lucca is a fabulous wine tasting and lunch (optional stop). Afterwards, we will take you to Lucca, the birthplace of composer Giacomo Puccini. Lucca, one of the most charming of Tuscany's provincial capitals, is set inside a ring of well-preserved Renaissance walls. The wall is wide enough to hold small parks and a path along the top. Founded by the Etruscans, Lucca became a Roman colony in 180 B.C. During the 12th century, it enjoyed a period of prosperity based on the silk trade. Lucca remained an independent republic for over 500 years, until Napoleon came along and created the principality of Lucca.
Everything is contained within Lucca's wide city walls - 2.5 miles around - and we will stroll in search of Lucca's highlights, from its charming squares to the beautiful churches of San Martino and San Frediano. We will also glimpse the city's Roman past in Lucca's market square and medieval quarter.
You will have free time to stroll around this charming town, walk the city walls, climb the Guinigi tower, and enjoy the shops at Via Fillungo. Sites not to be missed include the cathedral of San Frediano, where you can view the body of St. Zita in a glass coffin, and the Amphitheatre, an elliptical Roman coliseum on which houses have now been built.
- The proposed itineraries are only examples of possible tours. For different pick up / drop off locations or customized itineraries we invite our clients to contact one of our tour coordinators to help them design their own tour
- Often are drivers do not have a POS on board. You can use your credit card(s) at easily found ATM machines to withdraw cash. Your driver can show you where to find one. You get the cash just when you need it. The exchange rate is very convenient and it is the same rate applied when you purchase something with your Credit Card
- No charge will be applied for cancellations made up to 7 days prior to the service date
- Cancellations made 7 days prior to the service date: 50% chargé
- Cancellations made 48 hours prior to the service date: 75% chargé
- Cancellations made 24 hours of less or no show: 100% chargé
Quality comes with a price beware of low cost tours !!!