POMPEII & CAPRI TOUR PRIVATE SHORE EXCURSIONS
PICKUP/DROP OFF LOCATIONS
• Pick up: Naples port -cruise ship dock at the main terminal
• Drop off: Naples port - cruise ship dock at the main terminal
SHORE EXCURSION LENGTH Pickup at 8:00 am at the ship; drop off at 5:00 pm at the ship
- Narration by a professional driver/guide
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- This tour includes a Professional English-speaking driver that gives commentaries of the sites seen. Due to strict Italian laws & regulations that protect officially licensed guides, our drivers can only comment and explain the sights from inside the vehicle, and are not allowed to do so once they are outside the vehicle. A Professional licensed guide, where needed, can be hired on request at an extra cost.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Entrance fee to the blue grotto 25 euro each person
- Hydrofoil tickets
- Food, Beverages
- Gratuities 15 % to 20 %(optional)
Two-thirds of the ancient city of Pompeii has been excavated allowing you to explore this once flourishing civilisation.
Take a guided walk through the rocky ruins of the excavated city of Pompeii. The baths and the theatres, the wrestling ground and the luxurious villas stand empty, yet there are many echoes of Pompeii's daily life; the wine jars are still set on the counter of the wine shop, the stepping stones are there to help you cross the street in the rainy season, and the mosaic floors and brilliant frescoes are a wonder to this very day. The plaster casts of the volcano's victims are particularly poignant and one can never forget the horrible events that brought life in Pompeii to an end.
Your guide will recount the fascinating story of Pompeii, its demise and how it has been miraculously excavated and restored over hundreds of years.
During your drive to Pompeii, you will have views of Vesuvius, the still-active volcano located about 15 miles south east of Naples.
In Capri you'll be transferred to the main harbor for your journey to Capri by high-speed hydrofoil.On arrival at the Port of Capri, a transfer by minibus takes you to Anacapri. You'll have free time to visit Villa San Michele, the home of Swedish doctor and writer Axel Munthe that is located on the northeastern side of Anacapri. You'll also have the chance to take an optional trip to the top of Monte Solare by chairlift for breathtaking views of the island. The chairlift is an additional cost, payable direct to your guide.
Worry-free Shore Excursion
- We will ensure your timely return to Naples for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- A substantial amount of walking is required on this tour and surfaces are uneven and cobbled. Flat, comfortable walking shoes are essential. Pushchairs are not recommended at Pompeii. Toilet facilities are limited
- The proposed itineraries are only examples of possible tours. For different pick up / drop off locations or customized itineraries we invite our clients to contact one of our tour coordinators to help them design their own tour
- Often are drivers do not have a POS on board. You can use your credit card(s) at easily found ATM machines to withdraw cash. Your driver can show you where to find one. You get the cash just when you need it. The exchange rate is very convenient and it is the same rate applied when you purchase something with your Credit Card
- No charge will be applied for cancellations made up to 7 days prior to the service date
- Cancellations made 7 days prior to the service date: 50% chargé
- Cancellations made 48 hours prior to the service date: 75% chargé
- Cancellations made 24 hours of less or no show: 100% chargé
Quality comes with a price beware of low cost tours !!!