Herculaneum & Monte Vesuvius
PICKUP/DROP OFF LOCATIONS
• Pick up: Sorrento Port-Naples Port-Salerno Port cruise ship dock at the main terminal
• Drop off:Sorrento Port Naples Port - Salerno Port cruise ship dock at the main terminal
SHORE EXCURSION LENGTH Pickup at 8:00 am at the ship; drop off at 5:00 pm at the ship
- Narration by a professional driver/guide
- Volcano ( Montain Vesuvius)
- Herculeneum ruins
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- This tour includes a Professional English-speaking driver that gives commentaries of the sites seen. Due to strict Italian laws & regulations that protect officially licensed guides, our drivers can only comment and explain the sights from inside the vehicle, and are not allowed to do so once they are outside the vehicle. A Professional licensed guide, where needed, can be hired on request at an extra cost.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Entrance fee to the Volcano 10 Euros per person
- Entrance fee to Herculeum ruins 11 Euros per person
- Food, Beverages
- Gratuities 15 % to 20 %(optional)
Experience the mystique and might of Mount Vesuvius and the mysteries of Herculaneum.
Your first glimpse of the magnificent volcano will be from Naples where you can admire the grandeur of Mount Vesuvius from afar. After a 45 minute journey by highway and serpentine road, you will arrive at a height of 3,000 feet where your ascent on foot will begin. Zig-zag paths lead an additional 1,000 feet to the crater walls. On the edge of this imposing crater, your alpine guide will demonstrate how ‘alive' Vesuvius is as they point out hot spots. Take a moment to absorb the phenomenon of this majestic volcano and the panoramic view over the Bay of Naples.
Enjoy a delicious lunch at a local restaurant at the foot of Mount Vesuvius , this is a great opportunity to taste a local production of wine Lacrima Cristi, Falanghina and local red wine from the Vesuvius earth
Unjustly less famous than its bigger brother, Pompeii, the preservation of this small town is far superior. The excavations of Herculaneum are distinctly different from Pompeii, mainly due to the way it was engulfed by mud rather than ash and stone. The mud had an incredible preserving effect on the houses, shops, baths, wooden elements, foodstuffs and fabrics, offering a unique insight to private life in antiquity.then of to do wine tasting
- A substantial amount of walking is involved in this tour. Participants must be in good physical condition in order to undertake the trek up Vesuvius, which involves walking frequently on steep inclines over graveled, volcanic ash terrain. Flat, comfortable, closed-toe walking shoes are essential. Due to the elevation, it may get cold and it is advisable to wear layers. The weather can be variable.
- The proposed itineraries are only examples of possible tours. For different pick up / drop off locations or customized itineraries we invite our clients to contact one of our tour coordinators to help them design their own tour
- Often are drivers do not have a POS on board. You can use your credit card(s) at easily found ATM machines to withdraw cash. Your driver can show you where to find one. You get the cash just when you need it. The exchange rate is very convenient and it is the same rate applied when you purchase something with your Credit Card
- No charge will be applied for cancellations made up to 7 days prior to the service date
- Cancellations made 7 days prior to the service date: 50% chargé
- Cancellations made 48 hours prior to the service date: 75% chargé
- Cancellations made 24 hours of less or no show: 100% chargé
Quality comes with a price beware of low cost tours !!!