SHORE EXCURSION POMPEII - NAPLES-& ARCHAEOLOGICAL MUSEUM
PICKUP/DROP OFF LOCATIONS
• Pick up: Naples port -Sorrento pier salerno-port cruise ship dock at the main terminal
• Drop off: Naples port- Sorrento pier- salerno-port cruise ship dock at the main terminal
SHORE EXCURSION LENGTH Pickup at 8:00 am at the ship; drop off at 5:00 pm at the ship
- Narration by a professional driver/guide
- Naples ( surrounding)
- Archaeological Museum
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- This tour includes a Professional English-speaking driver that gives commentaries of the sites seen. Due to strict Italian laws & regulations that protect officially licensed guides, our drivers can only comment and explain the sights from inside the vehicle, and are not allowed to do so once they are outside the vehicle. A Professional licensed guide, where needed, can be hired on request at an extra cost.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Entrance fee to the Pompeii ruins 11 Euros per person
- Entrance fee to the archaeological naples museum 8 Euros per person
- Lunch ( approx) price range from 15 Euros to 25 Euros
- Food, Beverages
- Gratuities 15 % to 20 %(optional)
Explore the ruins of Pompeii combined with a visit to the Archaeological Museum and enjoy a traditional pizza.
On the way to historic Pompeii you'll get a good view of Mount Vesuvius, the still active volcano that dominates the bay. Entering by the sea gate, follow your guide on a walking tour of the excavated area including the city's baths, villas, theatres and wrestling grounds. Plaster casts mark the positions of the fallen, who were swiftly overcome by the volcanic ash. Other highlights include stunning frescoes and mosaic-inlaid floors.
During your tour a short stop at a cameo factory near Pompeii will give you an opportunity to browse for handmade jewellery, brooches, rings and bracelets.
Luncheon will be at a typical Neapolitan "pizzeria" restaurant where you will taste the traditional margherita pizza. The world's first true pizzeria opened in Naples in 1830 and the pizza became known throughout the world for its unique taste.
On your return to Naples visit the the National Archaeological Museum which was originally a cavalry barracks and possesses an extraordinary collection of murals, frescoes and mosaics from Pompeii and Herculaneum.
Great relaxing experience again with us !!! Have fun and book it !!!!
- A substantial amount of walking is required on this tour and surfaces are uneven and cobbled. Flat, comfortable walking shoes are essential. Pushchairs are not recommended at Pompeii. Toilet facilities are limited.
- The proposed itineraries are only examples of possible tours. For different pick up / drop off locations or customized itineraries we invite our clients to contact one of our tour coordinators to help them design their own tour
- Often are drivers do not have a POS on board. You can use your credit card(s) at easily found ATM machines to withdraw cash. Your driver can show you where to find one. You get the cash just when you need it. The exchange rate is very convenient and it is the same rate applied when you purchase something with your Credit Card
- No charge will be applied for cancellations made up to 7 days prior to the service date
- Cancellations made 7 days prior to the service date: 50% chargé
- Cancellations made 48 hours prior to the service date: 75% chargé
- Cancellations made 24 hours of less or no show: 100% chargé
Quality comes with a price beware of low cost tours !!!