TUSCANY TOUR COUNTRYSIDE WITH MONTALCINO
PICKUP/DROP OFF LOCATIONS
- Pick up: Rome hotels accommodation -Rome Bed and Breakfast
- Drop off: Rome hotels - accommodation -Rome Bed and Breakfast
EXCURSION LENGTH: Pickup at 7:00 am at hotel ; drop off at 7:00 pm hotel
- Narration by a professional driver/guide
- Abbey of Sant'Antimo
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
This tour includes a Professional English-speaking driver that gives commentaries of the sites seen. Due to strict Italian laws & regulations that protect officially licensed guides, our drivers can only comment and explain the sights from inside the vehicle, and are not allowed to do so once they are outside the vehicle. A Professional licensed guide, where needed, can be hired on request at an extra cost.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Entrance fee to museum eventually
- Food, Beverages
- Gratuities 10 % to 20 (optional)
Enjoy a private tour of Montalcino, Pienza and The Abbey of Sant'Antimo with an excellent English-speaking tour guide. Tuscany is a great daytrip from Rome or if you stay in Florence great solutiion for your tuscany private excursion day . This day trip in Tuscany will travel south of Florence and head towards the province of Siena, passing through the Superstrada del Palio, named after Siena's famous bareback horse race, and through the beautiful heart of the Chianti wine region, a spectacular landscape composed of vineyards and olive groves. You will get a chance to take the Cassia road, one of the 10 ancient Roman consular roads still in use today.
This Tuscany private tour takes you to the town of Montalcino, where you will visit the 14th century fortress, the cathedral and the old Etruscan hilltop streets dominating the valley for miles around. Montalcino is world famous as the birthplace of one of the finest wines of Italy, the Brunello di Montalcino. You can pick up a few bottles of this fabulous red at a winery or in one of the shops you'll find on your stroll through the town of Montalcino.
You can also customize a private wine tasting tour in Montalcino to include one of the most respected wine producers in Tuscany. There are several options to choose from for guided cellar tours and wine tasting of the well respected red, the renowned Brunello di Montalcino. The producers wine experts conduct the tours.
You will also tour Tuscany's jewel, Pienza, as complete a Renaissance creation as any in Italy. Pope Pius II conceived Pienza, his birthplace, as a Utopian "new town." The construction of Pienza began in 1459; architect Bernardo Rossellino worked on its main sites under the guide of Leon Battista Alberti, the great theorist of Renaissance art, building and town planning.
You will have free time to wander through the lovely streets of Pienza. Note the street names: Via dell'Amore (Street of Love), Via del Bacio (Street of the Kiss), and Via della Fortuna (Street of Luck). The beautiful Via del Casello has a spectacular panoramic view of the Orcia Valley. You may also enjoy the great shopping in Corso Rossellino, or visit the beautiful cathedral and the Pope Palace. Pienza is known all over Italy for its fragrant, flavorful Pecorino cheese, which you can sample here.
Your Tuscany day trip also takes you to Sant'Antimo abbey, of the finest Romanesque churches in Tuscany. Originally part of a 9th century Benedictine monastery, Sant'Antimo was supposedly founded by Charlemagne himself. The present building, begun in 1118, incorporates parts of the Carolingian works, including the crypt. An important monastic community once flourished here; today, the monks here follow the rule of St. Benedict, praying seven times a day with Gregorian chants. Time permitting, you may be able to witness the monks chanting their prayers
DEPARTURE POINT: Rome hotel from any accomodation Bed&Brekfast ,hotel in rome or villas in Rome , It can be from any Villas in Florence, Siena, Cortona or anywhere inRome and Tuscany
- The proposed itineraries are only examples of possible tours. For different pick up / drop off locations or customized itineraries we invite our clients to contact one of our tour coordinators to help them design their own tour
- Often are drivers do not have a POS on board. You can use your credit card(s) at easily found ATM machines to withdraw cash. Your driver can show you where to find one. You get the cash just when you need it. The exchange rate is very convenient and it is the same rate applied when you purchase something with your Credit Card
- No charge will be applied for cancellations made up to 7 days prior to the service date
- Cancellations made 7 days prior to the service date: 50% chargé
- Cancellations made 48 hours prior to the service date: 75% chargé
- Cancellations made 24 hours of less or no show: 100% chargé
Quality comes with a price beware of low cost tours !!!