BEST OF AMALFICOAST PRIVATE TOUR : Positano, Amalfi and Ravello
PICKUP/DROP OFF LOCATIONS
• Pick up: Hotel - Bed and Breakfast or any accommodation in Positano, Sorrento , Praiano, Ravello or Naples
• Drop off: Hotel - Bed and Breakfast or any accommodation in Positano, Sorrento , Praiano, Ravello or Naples
SHORE EXCURSION LENGTH Pickup at 9:00 am at the location ; drop off at 5:00 pm at hotel or accommodation
- Narration by a professional driver/guide
- Conca dei Marini
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- This tour includes a Professional English-speaking driver that gives commentaries of the sites seen. Due to strict Italian laws & regulations that protect officially licensed guides, our drivers can only comment and explain the sights from inside the vehicle, and are not allowed to do so once they are outside the vehicle. A Professional licensed guide, where needed, can be hired on request at an extra cost.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Entrance fee to the Cathedral Sant' Andrea Museums
- Entrance fee to Paper Mill in Amalfi - on request
- Food, Beverages
- Gratuities 15 % to 20 %(optional)
From your accomodation in Sorrento , Positano, Praiano, Amalfi o Ravello ( it can be also from Salerno )you'll drive along the breathtaking Amalfi Coast to Positano and , descending the winding one-way road, bypassing many local restaurants, we get to the heart of the town the busy central Piazza dei Mulini that is connected to a narrow downhill path and a few flights of steps that lead to the seafront.
Discover the beauty of the amalfi-drive: Positano Amalfi Ravello
All streets leading to the waterfront are for pedestrians only so we must drop you off at the Piazza dei Mulini. The street also leads to the cathedral, shops selling ceramics, lemons, shoes and "Positano fashion" clothing. Positano is alive at night as well as during the day with exotic nightclubs such as the famous Music on the Rocks" and various bars and cafés that remain open until the sun begins to rise over the horizon. There is a short walk back uphill in order to return to the car. Just time for lunch where your driver will highly recommend you a local restaurante
The coastal road continues through the fishing villages of Praiano, Furore and Conca dei Marini, and continues until it reaches a busy square of Amalfi situated upon the seafront - the port and a long stretch pebbled beach. In front of the port of Amalfi is the one and only bus station along the coast. Behind this square is where the main shopping street of Amalfi commences, that terminates at the furthest and highest point of the town. Along this pedestrian street are various bars and cafés, not to mention the many shops selling limoncello, casual clothing, swimwear, gifts, basic groceries, and of course, ceramics. However, if one would like to see more than just shops, Amalfi has some interesting sights to explore: the most spectacular cathedral along the coast, the paper factory and its museum.
A slow uphill drive along a very narrow road passing several vineries and olive factories etc, leads to Ravello , a rural village unspoilt by tourism, perched on top of the mountain cliff situated above Amalfi and Minori.
Ravello, being famous for its breath-taking views, natural beauty and ancient monuments are presented at their best in the gardens of Villa Cimbrone and Villa Rufolo. In high season, these gardens are rich in sweet secants of blooming flowers, shadows of flora and perfume of lemons. Apart from the main cathedral, also situated in the square, and a history museum constructed in the basement of the cathedral, there are many other churches to visit given that there used to be a total of over 13 churches in the village.
Along the narrow arcade of Via Roma one will find a few small boutiques, and scattered around the vicinity are some traditional local restaurants with a cuisine quite different from those close to the sea
In the afternoon, return to your accomodation
- The proposed itineraries are only examples of possible tours. For different pick up / drop off locations or customized itineraries we invite our clients to contact one of our tour coordinators to help them design their own tour
- Often are drivers do not have a POS on board. You can use your credit card(s) at easily found ATM machines to withdraw cash. Your driver can show you where to find one. You get the cash just when you need it. The exchange rate is very convenient and it is the same rate applied when you purchase something with your Credit Card
- No charge will be applied for cancellations made up to 7 days prior to the service date
- Cancellations made 7 days prior to the service date: 50% chargé
- Cancellations made 48 hours prior to the service date: 75% chargé
- Cancellations made 24 hours of less or no show: 100% chargé
Quality comes with a price beware of low cost tours !!!