BEST OF ROME WITH 2 HOURS VATICAN MUSEUM
PICKUP/DROP OFF LOCATIONS
• Pick up: Civitavecchia port - cruise ship dock at the main terminal
• Drop off: Civitavecchia port -cruise ship dock at the main terminal
SHORE EXCURSION LENGTH Pickup at 8:00 am at the ship; drop off at 5:00 pm at the ship
- Narration by a professional driver/guide
- Roman Coliseum
- Roman Forum
- Trevi Fountain
- The Pantheon
- St. Mary Major Basilica
- Sant'Angelo Castle
- The Spanish Steps
- Piazza Navona
- St. Peter's Square
- St. Peter's Basilical
- Sistine Chapel
- Vatican Museums
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- This tour includes a Professional English-speaking driver that gives commentaries of the sites seen. Due to strict Italian laws & regulations that protect officially licensed guides, our drivers can only comment and explain the sights from inside the vehicle, and are not allowed to do so once they are outside the vehicle. A Professional licensed guide, where needed, can be hired on request at an extra cost.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Entrance fee to the Vatican Museums 26 Euros per person
- Entrance fee to the see the Roman Coliseum 14 Euros per person
- Vatican guide ( on request )
- Food, Beverages
- Gratuities 15 % to 20 %(optional)
With this tour you can enjoy an overview of the best sites that Rome can offer plus a private Vatican tour with an official guide in one day only.
From the port of Civitavecchia, it will take 1 .15 minute to drive to Rome center. Your tour will normally start at Piazza Venezia where Victor Emanuel Monument (the Vittoriano) is located, also called the Wedding cake by Americans.
Our Rome experience will continue on to the Roman Forum, the Colosseum, the Arch of Constantine, the Circus Maximum, Capitol Hill, the Palatine Hill, the Catacombs (optional rome tour) and the Ancient Roman Baths of Caracalla.
While on our tour (depending on the Vatican guide's schedule) we will arrange to meet one of our Vatican guides, that will be waiting for you at the Vatican entrance, to take you on the 2 hour tour of the Vatican Museum & Sistine Chapel.
After all this we will return towards the center of Rome for a visit inside the Pantheon, we'll walk through Piazza Navona, visit the Spanish Steps and the Trevi Fountain. And don't forget to throw a few coins in the Trevi Fountain!
During this tour, if you like, we can stop for a traditional Italian lunch (not included) at one of the many nice restaurants and maybe do some shopping.
Completed 80 A.D., the circus was home to centuries of gladiatorial combats and featured 76 numbered entrances, marble seats and subterranean passages, where animals and apparatus were kept. The arena floor could be flooded to host naval combats.
The ruins of the forum stand in mute testimony to what Byron described as the "grandeur that was Rome".
The gem of the Vatican Museum is the celebrated chapel that is home to Michelangelo's frescoes ‘The Creation' and ‘The Last Judgement'.
The heart of Rome's old Bohemian Quarter (Keats and Shelley lived nearby), the steps take their name from the 16th century Spanish Embassy to the Holy Sea. Today the area surrounding Piazza Espagna is the city's chic shopping district.
ST. PETER'S BASILICA
By far the largest church in the world, St. Peter's Basilica took more than 100 years to build. Some of the greatest figures of the Renaissance were employed in its creation, from Bramante and Bernini to Michelangelo and Raphael.
Blue-green water cascades over the Baroque figures of Rome's most famous fountain. Follow custom and toss a coin into the fountain, a gesture that insures your return to the Eternal City.
The spiritual and administrative centre of Roman Catholicism is also one of the smallest independent states in the world. The Vatican mints its own coins, prints its own stamps, and maintains its own army of Swiss Guards.
- Please dress respectfully for visiting religious monuments; local custom requires covering knees and shoulder
- The proposed itineraries are only examples of possible tours. For different pick up / drop off locations or customized itineraries we invite our clients to contact one of our tour coordinators to help them design their own tour
- Often are drivers do not have a POS on board. You can use your credit card(s) at easily found ATM machines to withdraw cash. Your driver can show you where to find one. You get the cash just when you need it. The exchange rate is very convenient and it is the same rate applied when you purchase something with your Credit Card
- No charge will be applied for cancellations made up to 7 days prior to the service date
- Cancellations made 7 days prior to the service date: 50% chargé
- Cancellations made 48 hours prior to the service date: 75% chargé
- Cancellations made 24 hours of less or no show: 100% chargé
Quality comes with a price beware of low cost tours !!!