HALF DAY TO ROYAL PALACE REGGIA DI CASERTA
PICKUP/DROP OFF LOCATIONS
- Pick up: Naples Dock -Salerno Port cruise ship dock at the main terminal
- Drop off:Napes Dock -Salerno Port cruise ship dock at the main terminal
SHORE EXCURSION LENGTH: Pickup at 8:00 am at the ship; drop off at 13:00 pm at the ship
- Narration by a professional driver/guide
- Royal Palace
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
This tour includes a Professional English-speaking driver that gives commentaries of the sites seen. Due to strict Italian laws & regulations that protect officially licensed guides, our drivers can only comment and explain the sights from inside the vehicle, and are not allowed to do so once they are outside the vehicle. A Professional licensed guide, where needed, can be hired on request at an extra cost.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Entrance fee to tne Reggia of Caserta 11 euros per person
- Lunch ( approx) price range from 15 Euros to 25 Euros
- Food, Beverages
- Gratuities 15 % to 20 % (optional)
Enjoy a short drive through the city of Naples and on to the provincial centre of Campania, to visit the Royal Palace of Caserta.
Discover the beauty of the former Royal Palace, also referred as the ‘Versailles of Italy'.
This architectural masterpiece was designed by Luigi Vanvitelli in the 18th century, with 1,200 rooms each connected by 34 staircases and illuminated by 1,970 windows. A guided tour of the Royal Palace will show you its beauty, the grand staircases and vaulted frescoed ceilings.
Afterwards, you will be transferred by shuttle for a visit to the Palace park, which begins from the back facade of the Palace, flanking a long alley with artificial fountains and cascades. The park is a typical example of the baroque extension of formal vistas and was inspired by the park of Versailles. As you stroll through the grounds, admire the marble statues and enjoy the calming sound of the fountains' cascading water.
The short shuttle ride will then take you to your vehicle for the return drive to the pier.
- This tour involves approximately one hour of walking, which includes uneven ground and steps. In addition, there is a 15 minute walk to and from your vehicle park to the Palace. Depending on the number of visitors, guests may experience a wait for the shuttle bus to the Palace park. Flat, comfortable shoes are recommended.
- The proposed itineraries are only examples of possible tours. For different pick up / drop off locations or customized itineraries we invite our clients to contact one of our tour coordinators to help them design their own tour
- Often are drivers do not have a POS on board. You can use your credit card(s) at easily found ATM machines to withdraw cash. Your driver can show you where to find one. You get the cash just when you need it. The exchange rate is very convenient and it is the same rate applied when you purchase something with your Credit Card
- No charge will be applied for cancellations made up to 7 days prior to the service date
- Cancellations made 7 days prior to the service date: 50% chargé
- Cancellations made 48 hours prior to the service date: 75% chargé
- Cancellations made 24 hours of less or no show: 100% chargé
Quality comes with a price beware of low cost tours !!!