TAORMINA CATANIA SHORE EXCURSION:
PICKUP/DROP OFF LOCATIONS
- Pick up: Palermo/ Taormina/ Catania/ Messina hotel or a shore trip from Messina/ Giardini Naxos/ Catania ports of call
- Drop off: Palermo/ Taormina/ Catania/ Messina hotel or a shore trip from Messina/ Giardini Naxos/ Catania ports of call
SHORE EXCURSION LENGTH Pickup at 8:00 am at the ship; drop off at 5:00 pm at the ship
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- This tour includes a Professional English-speaking driver that gives commentaries of the sites seen. Due to strict Italian laws & regulations that protect officially licensed guides, our drivers can only comment and explain the sights from inside the vehicle, and are not allowed to do so once they are outside the vehicle. A Professional licensed guide, where needed, can be hired on request at an extra cost.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Admissions, ( if required - unless otherwise specified )
- Food and Beverages
- Gratuities 15 % to 20 %(optional)
After leaving the pier with local driver guide you will drive along the scenic road that winds around the slopes of the mountain, passing the town of Giarre and the village of Zafferana you will arrive at Cratere Silvestri at about 6.000 feet on the sea level.To ancient greeks Mount Etna was the realm of Vulcan god of fire.
At approx. 3.350 m it is europes highest and Worlds most active volcano. The height of its summit changes with each eruption and over the centuries a few lava flows have reached the cost.During the 20th C. eruptions occured frequently both from the 4 live craters at the summit and on the slopes of the volcano that are littered with crevices and old craters.
It is monitored by 115 seismic activity stations spread around the mountain and it is under constant satellite surveillance.Previous eruptions have devastated Catania with the lava reaching the sea on several occasions.
Continue with the drive to Taormina Sicily's most picturesque town and best known resort located on the terrace of Mt. Tauro.Since the end of 19th C. Taormina has become a world famous international resort whose visitors are, time after time, captured by its charming atmosphere, its natural un spoilt beauty, its all year round mild climate, its preservation of local culture, ancient history and its perfect modern organization.
Visit Ancient theatre built by the greeks and enlarged by the romans. From here enjoy beautiful view of the bay of Naxos coast of Italy and Mount Etna.Continue to Palazzo Corvaja the most important medieval mansion in the city that presents Arab, gothic and Norman features.
Admission fees are not included.
EXTRA IMPORTANT NOTES
- We suggest what to see, but you decide. We can plan and customize together all the different opportunities and itineraries. Our tours are flexible and completely focused on your needs and desires.
- Please dress respectfully for visiting religious monuments; local custom requires covering knees and shoulders. Be sure to wear comfortable walking shoes.
- The tour sequence may be altered to avoid congestions but always covering mentioned sights.
- Often are drivers and tour guides do not have a POS on board. You can use your credit card(s) at easily found ATM machines to withdraw cash. Your driver can show you where to find one. You get the cash just when you need it. The exchange rate is very convenient and it is the same rate applied when you purchase something with your Credit Card
- No charge will be applied for cancellations made up to 7 days prior to the service date
- Cancellations made 7 days prior to the service date: 50% chargé
- Cancellations made 48 hours prior to the service date: 75% chargé
- Cancellations made 24 hours of less or no show: 100% chargé
Quality comes with a price beware of low cost !!
Why should you choose a Sicily Private Tour?