EXCURSION TO PALERMO AND MONREALE
PICKUP/DROP OFF LOCATIONS
- Pick up: Palermo port - cruise ship dock at the main terminal
- Drop off:Palermo port - cruise ship dock at the main
EXCURSION LENGTH Pickup at 8:00 am at the ship Hotel pick up 9.00am drop off at 5:00 pm at the ship or Hotel
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- This tour includes a Professional English-speaking driver that gives commentaries of the sites seen. Due to strict Italian laws & regulations that protect officially licensed guides, our drivers can only comment and explain the sights from inside the vehicle, and are not allowed to do so once they are outside the vehicle. A Professional licensed guide, where needed, can be hired on request at an extra cost.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Admissions, ( if required - unless otherwise specified )
- Food and Beverages
- Gratuities 15 % to 20 %(optional)
Capital for both the Arabs and the Normans, Palermo 's monuments reflect the magnificence of two worlds: East and West that come together in clashing contrast. This tour enables you to discover the capital of Sicily with its unique history, monuments, markets,
people and churches
Inside the Royal Palace we will visit the 12th century Palatine Chapel, built by the Normans , but decorated with Byzantine- and Islamic-style mosaics. The nearby Cathedral was built by the Normans , but every new ruling dynasty that arrived added their own style to it. Then we will make our way through the Arab-style street market called Capo. This is really a cacophony of voices, flavors, perfumes and colors, very similar to souk markets in Arab countries. Then, we will drive to nearby Monreale where we will visit theNorman Duomo (Cathedral) decorated on the inside with over 6,340 sq. meters (almost 70,000 sq. feet) of mosaics and 24-carat gold!
- The proposed itineraries are only examples of possible tours. For different pick up / drop off locations or customized itineraries we invite our clients to contact one of our tour coordinators to help them design their own tour
- Often are drivers do not have a POS on board. You can use your credit card(s) at easily found ATM machines to withdraw cash. Your driver can show you where to find one. You get the cash just when you need it. The exchange rate is very convenient and it is the same rate applied when you purchase something with your Credit Card
- No charge will be applied for cancellations made up to 7 days prior to the service date
- Cancellations made 7 days prior to the service date: 50% chargé
- Cancellations made 48 hours prior to the service date: 75% chargé
- Cancellations made 24 hours of less or no show: 100% chargé
Quality comes with a price beware of low cost tours !!!